Pro Deo Update - Stage 3

I have no sense of humor or energy left in me - my first reaction to the thought of writing this brief for Face Book was  ...... I can't say publicly but you get the gist of what I mean. But now that I have showered and have a semblance of humour back let me tell the story as it is.

We set the alarms for 5.30 am though what for I will never know ... We were violently woken up by the sound of the flipping barnyard just outside our window. You know how serious it is when you a crooned to sleep by incessant frog croaking ( better than Grant snoring) ... But to be awakened by squawking ducks, geese,chickens, turkeys and a donkey that appeared under attack from Robby Cummings - the day should only improve from there. To you farmer Browns out there take a bow you are legends.

Back to the cycling ..... Our saddles and us are as one with the universe ... Back on the saddle again carefree and Arsette free as well family when  you greet us on Sunday do not be deceived by our modified triangular looking Adams Apple or our John Wayne swagger   - we have earned the right to prove what a bicycle seat can do - we are hardend nay dare I say tough, manna of the road  - seasoned saddle jockeys - weather beaten gladiators of the Tarmac - Bring it on Mel Gibson you have met your match with the Pro Deo team.
And what a team it is. My family wrote me a touching letter and in it was I quote " great memories and stories will be told , of laughter, comradery and how friendships can mould"
Today I saw this it was our toughest day yet - the most climbing we have done to date as well as temperatures exceeding 44 deg. It warms ones heart when you see a fellow cyclist struggling and all of a sudden out of the blue one of the team silently fall in beside him and gently help up the hills even though he himself is at maximum heart rate - SACRIFICE - that is what it is all about and I am proud to say that each and every person that I ride with on this tour has shown this each day . Boys I am proud to be doing this with you.

142 kilometers and Praise the Lord a sudden drop in temp and a bit of rain for the last 10 km saw us all safely home again at Nottingham Hill. Vasbyter of the day goes to a courageous Grant Richardson - partner I am proud of you, you had big B... ( you do the math) today.

Till tomorrow and again guys please keep your donations rolling, if we think it is tough out here on the road .... Imagine fighting for your quality of life - Pro Deo Care Group need people like you in the community ... Remember a lot of a little make a lot   - big or small it all counts

See you in the .... Whatever !!

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment